quinta-feira, maio 02, 2013

Changing default settings of (xerox) printers on Mac OS X

So, I have this new awesome waxjet printer in my office, a Xerox ColorCube 8570.

Problem is, in Mac there is no way to alter the 'Default Settings' of the printer... at least in an accessible way for mere mortals.

But there's always some hidden magic for geeks to wiz around and do the impossible.

Mac OS X uses CUPS behind the scenes, so we can just open a browser and type the URL:

http://127.0.0.1:631

If you get an 'access denied' or 'web interface disabled' error, open a Terminal and type the following:

cupsctl WebInterface=yes

And press enter; reload the above link.

You should then see a CUPS configuration interface where you can change the printer default settings to your heart's contents.

This interface is not restricted to xerox printers as far as I know. But since I don't have non-Xerox printers I cannot test it.


Nenhum comentário: