quarta-feira, fevereiro 04, 2009

Vyatta, network setup.

VICTORY! or almost...

I managed to set up the internet, NAT, firewall, poke the holes I needed. Now all that's there to it is the VPN tunnel.

I have also set up a separate machine running Dnsmasq as a DNS cache/DHCP server, and a HTTP(S) reverse proxy. Which is nice, because I have a single fixed IP and I want different machines to serve separate subdomains. like using Zimbra to serve webmail.mydomain.com, my database web interface from db.mydomain.com, and the plain websites from www.mydomain.com.

Word of advice: use the Apache Header module to make sure you are telling the browser to NOT cache your pages. at least while you are setting it up. Would have saved me a few headaches if I had done it prior to trying to set up the reverse proxy.

Nenhum comentário: